http://rfsarchitects.com/projects/madison-office-building/embed/ BE A FOX IN SOCKS DAY
Friday March 2nd, is “Be a Fox in Socks Day”, wear your wacky socks to celebrate Dr. Seuss day!
Mrs. Horeis is building the Indiana Jones obstacle course after school on Monday, February 26. Would you like to help Mrs. Horeis direct some wild 4th and 5th graders who will be helping her set up? If you could come for 15 to 20 minutes right after school, it will totally help Mrs. Horeis. *Bonus, if you help, you get to try out the obstacle course and be a kid again, if only for a brief moment! If you are interested, you can just show up or let Mrs. Horeis know at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
We are ONE day away from the I Heart Park Hill Auction! The PTSA is tasked with bridging a significant gap between funds received from public education and what our school relies on to serve all of our students. Please plan to attend this FUN event tomorrow night, Saturday, 24, at 6:30 pm at the Park Hill Golf Course. Come enjoy some refreshments and live music while supporting our amazing school.
If you cannot make it, you can still kindly donate at http://www.parkhillelementary.org.
Have you put any thought into what rad threads you’re going to be sporting at “Studio Park Hill” Auction happening Saturday, February 24th at the Park Hill Golf Club? Here are some 70’s costume inspiration to help you look oh so groovy. Check out this Pinterest board with some funky fresh ideas: https://pin.it/7vwpiztswvswsz
See you on the flip side and be prepared to boogie the night away!
ANNOUNCING OUR ANNUAL 5TH GRADE YEARBOOK COVER ART CONTEST
Park Hill is holding our annual art contest for the 2017 – 2018 yearbook cover design. This is your chance to show off your creative talent! Judges will be looking for art that shows your originality, school spirit, and a genuine effort. First place art will be showcased on the front cover while second place will be on the back cover.
- Artwork must be original and by a 5th grade student only.
- Use 8.5” by 11” paper arranged in portrait layout keeping in mind your work will be digitally scanned.
- Include 2017 – 2018 and Park Hill Elementary School.
- Please, print your name and your teacher’s name in pencil on the back.
- Submit entries in the PTSA mail slot in the front office no later than March 5.
- Good Luck!
SECOND GRADE MUSIC / DANCE PERFORMANCE
The 2nd Grade Music/Dance performance of A Straight Line Wonder date has changed! The new date is Wednesday, March 14!
Information for Performers:
Ms. Kline and Ms. Orth performance is 5:30pm
Students need to report to classrooms at 5:15pm.
Ms. Goodwin and Ms. Euser performance is 6:30pm
Students need to report to classrooms at 6:15pm.
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Mrs. McClelland via email email@example.com. We look forward to seeing you there!!
Girls on the Run is a place where all girls can be themselves. We stretch ourselves physically, mentally, socially and emotionally. We have an innovative program that combines training for a 3.1-mile run/walk race with a fun and healthy lesson plan. This program promotes individual achievement and self-confidence. Girls gain self-esteem and learn healthy lifestyle habits while training for a 5k run/walk race.
What if I don’t like to run?
That’s ok! We use the term “running” loosely and want girls to just be themselves and have fun. Girls can run, hop, skip, speed walk or dance towards their goals. The lessons promote self-challenge instead of competition; self-worth instead of societal worth and cooperation instead of rivalry.
REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
Practice meets Tues, Thurs at 5:00p-6:30pm between the weeks of March 5th through May 19th. Fee of $170- (includes 20 practices, 5k entry and a t-shirt!)
- Go to www.girlsontherunrockies.org
- Click the “Register Now” button
- Choose your geographic area (Denver)
- Find and select your school in the drop down menu
- After completing the form, hit “submit”. **You will receive a confirmation email from Raceplanner. Please make sure to check your spam folder in case the email went there. If you do not receive this email, chances are you did not fully complete the registration form.
Contact Julie Dancheck at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-482-5843.
PARK HILL WINTER / SPRING 2018 ENRICHMENT
The following Outdoor Enrichment Classes will start the week of March 5:
Wednesday—Street Soccer and Mighty Movement
There are still spaces available so please contact the vendor if you are interested.
Also, please remember to pick up your child from their enrichment class on time.
DISCOVERY LINK REGISTRATION FOR THE 2018-2019 SCHOOL YEAR COMING SOON
Per the Discovery Link website, registration for 2018-2019 before and after school programs at all Discovery Link sites will occur:
- April 16th-27th for all returning students, their siblings and previously waitlisted families
- May 7th-11th for all new families
*DPS SCHOOL CHOICE*
The SchoolChoice enrollment process for the 2018-19 school year has begun! You have until February 28, 2018 at 4 p.m. to make your choice selections.
If your student is going into ECE, Kindergarten, or Sixth Grade, you will need to complete the choice process. In addition, any DPS student who is not currently enrolled at a Denver Public School, or wants to attend a school other than their automatically assigned neighborhood school, must take part in SchoolChoice.
Remember, the entire SchoolChoice process is 100% ONLINE (you may use your smartphone, iPad, laptop, PC, etc. to complete your SchoolChoice application). We will offer Chromebooks here in the main office at Park Hill for those who do not have a way to complete the process at home, or who need assistance. You may follow the detailed instruction below to access the online application and complete the SchoolChoice process:
SchoolChoice Navigation for Families
Access the online SchoolChoice application at (http://schoolchoice.dpsk12.org/).
– If you have a Parent Portal account and know your login credentials, proceed to step 7.
– If you do not have a Parent Portal account, you can still participate in the SchoolChoice process by creating a SchoolChoice account. Follow the steps outlined below:
Creating a SchoolChoice Account
- Click on the Create a SchoolChoice account link.
- Enter a valid email address and a desired password, confirm your password in the third line, and then click Create account. There are no specific password requirements.
A confirmation will be sent to your email, and you will be see the below screen. You must go to your email to verify your SchoolChoice account.
You will receive an email from email@example.com. If you do not see the email in your Inbox, please check your Spam/Junk email. Click the CLICK HERE to verify your email. You will be directed back to the SchoolChoice login page.
Once your account is verified you will be able to Sign in using your email and newly created password.
- Click Let’s Get Started to create your Family Profile.
- Enter your information then click Next. All the fields with an asterix (*) are required. You must input at least one phone number.
- After clicking Next, the system will verify whether the entered address is a validated student address. You may be asked to confirm or validate your address. If not, continue to Step 6.
5A. To Confirm Address, make sure the pin is in the correct location for your address. In the example below, the system recognized “E 47th Ave” and not “East 47th Ave.” Select Confirm and continue to Step 6.
5B. The system will flag addresses if the unit number is missing (apartment, suite, etc.), if the zip code isn’t recognized, or if the address is business instead of residential. If the address was entered incorrectly, click Fix Address to return to the previous page and correct your address or click Use Address to continue.
- On the next screen, enter your student’s information.
NOTE: If your student is a current DPS student and you enter your student’s ID, the information must be an exact match to the information in IC: First Name, Last Name, Birth Date and Student ID must all match.
If the entered information does not match your student’s IC record, you will receive an error message like the below. If you receive the error message, you can contact your student’s school or Choice Office to determine what the error is, or click Create New Student to move forward.
6B. If your student resides at a different address than you do, click New Address. Otherwise, proceed to 6C.
6B.1. Type in the new address, select with whom the student resides from the drop down menu, then click Next. Refer to Step 5 for address verification.
6C. If you are the parent/guardian of more than one student, click Add Another Student. Otherwise, click Next and proceed to the next step.
If at point you are directed to the Family Profile page upon creating your student profile, click Home and proceed to step 7.
- If you have a Parent Portal account, you will be directed to the Home page upon signing in. Here you can begin an application for a student by clicking Add New Student Application.
You are then able to see all of the students in the household. Select the student that will participate in Round 1, verify the following information, then click Next.
The system will identify your student’s Projected School and Neighborhood or Zone School. These schools will be designated by a blue box in the school list as well. You can filter the schools by clicking Distance or by schools that you designated as your Favorite through the School Finder tool.
- Select up to 5 schools for which to apply.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Next.
- Rank your schools with #1 being your most preferred choice. You may only select each school once. Note: To reorder schools, you must return the selection back to the phrase Select School. Once the schools are in your preferred order, click Next.
Answer all of the required questions in each dropdown application. You can Save Progress at any time to return to the application at a later point. If you click Next and are not routed to review your school selections, then scroll back through your application to ensure all required questions were answered.
Note: only ECE 4 applicants will see the ECE 4 Application section.
- Click Next to continue.
- Review your selections, and then click Submit.
- You will have one last opportunity to review your choices; please ensure they are in the right rank order and the application is for the correct student. Click Submit when finished.
After the application is submitted, you will be redirected to the Home page where you can view, edit or cancel the schools that were selected for a student.
You can also begin a new application for a different student from this screen by clicking Add New Student Application and following the Choice Application instructions.
Need assistance? Contact the Office of Choice and Enrollment: call 720-423-3493 / email firstname.lastname@example.org / visit schoolchoice.dpsk12.org
PLEASE REFER TO THE COMMUNITY BOARD (ACROSS THE HALL FROM THE SCHOOL OFFICE), TO GET THE MOST UP-TO-DATE INFORMATION REGARDING EVENTS IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD, CAMPS / ENRICHMENTS FOR STUDENTS, COMMUNITY MEETINGS, ETC.
- Boys Youth Lacrosse: Registration is now open for your neighborhood lacrosse program, Jets Lacrosse! You can register now at: http://www.jetslacrosse.com/register.asp
- Soccer Electric Summer Camps: You can register now at: http:/www.soccerelectric.com
CAMP 1 / 5TH ANNUAL SUMMER SOCCER AND A MOVIE CAMP – June 11 – 15 @ Denver East High School and Sie Film Center
CAMP 2 / 2ND ANNUAL “CAMPLIFY” – June 18 – 22 @ McAuliffe International School / Smiley Campus
- Red Shield
Please refer to the Community Board for more information regarding Red Shield, their Spring Break Camp offerings, Kids Night Out, their adult boxing program, and other fun events.
- 44th Annual Denver March Pow*Wow – March 23, 24, 25, 2018
Join Thomasina Rose Goodeagle, 2017 Denver March Powwow Princess for a special powwow weekend!
- 2018 JCC Camp SHAI – June 4 – August 17, grades K – 8
Park Hill School Office Staff
Office Hours 7:30 am to 3:30 pm
Main School Phone and attendance line – 720-424-4910, or download the Park Hill Elementary mobile app. and report your absence there.
Apple App Store