follow site A MESSAGE FROM OUR PTSA:
buy provigil europe Dear Park Hill Parents and Community,
As you all know, Jake Higdon and Heath Weddle with their Auction Committee put on a record setting auction last month. There were over $155,000 in bids submitted. Of that, Heath has collected $153,000 in payments. This includes $2500 for our neighboring elementary schools, made possible specifically by your generosity and belief in supporting all schools in Park Hill. This is a mind-blowing amount and we want you to know what we are doing with some of the money you have entrusted to us.
- go site Parent Education Classes – One of our lowest scores on the school’s Parent Satisfaction Survey is in regards to our school offering parent education opportunities on a regular basis. Good News – That changes now with our introduction of Parent University. Each month we will offer a different workshop for parents on various topics. Starting April 5, Rebecca Acosta, our Spanish teacher, will teach Spanish classes – see below for more information. In addition, look for a class on how to work with your child and their finances later this spring.
- Additional Paraprofessionals – First and fifth grade will get additional paras next school year. Thank you for helping make this happen!
- School Safety – Another issue parents are concerned about it School Safety, particularly getting to campus. We heard you and we have implemented a Kiss and Drop lane that serves on average 70 cars a day. That is 70 less cars on Fairfax, thus making the perimeter of the campus much safer when coming to school in the morning. Next year Will Stockton will roll out a Safety Patrol with fifth graders to continue to improve getting our students to school safely while teaching character and the satisfaction of public service.
- Additional School Safety Updates – from our Principal, Ken Burdette.
- Each morning after the bell rings, we have a staff member who walks around the exterior of the school and checks each door to ensure it is closed securely and locked. This staff member reports back to me each day.
- Our office staff has increased the level of security in regards to monitoring the doors and “buzzing” people in.
- We no longer have our doors on timers – meaning, the doors no longer automatically unlock at the beginning of the school day or at dismissal time. Doors remain locked.
- I make it a point to get to know the people (and trucks) that are doing construction in the alley. I am constantly scanning our surroundings and aware of what is going on.
- We have requested the installment of additional cameras on the west side of our school.
- All visitors must sign in and get a guest pass, and our volunteers now wear PHE lanyards when in the building to identify themselves.
- We continue to teach kindness and ROAR in our morning meetings and our assemblies.
I realize these are only a few measures in the scheme of things. However, I firmly believe that every little bit helps when keeping our children safe. Thank you for your help and support in this very important endeavor.
Thank you all for your generosity and support, not just at auction, but also throughout the year. Our community is a big reason why our school is successful.
My best to you,
REMINDER FROM THE LUNCH ROOM
Have you checked your student’s lunch account balance lately? PLEASE go to myschoolbucks.com to pay any balances and to make sure there is enough money in his/her account to finish out the school year (May 31, 2018).
SPANISH CLASSES FOR PARENTS: Better Late Than Never Español with Maestra Acosta – April 5 at 6:30 pm.
This class will be for beginners or those with a little experience who would like the opportunity to communicate more in Spanish. We will meet on Thursdays at 6:30 p.m. in the PHE library, beginning April 5.
We will acquire conversational language, practice work and travel-related communication, but ultimately the class will be tailored to meet the needs of our students. I adore teaching Spanish to Park Hill kids and I look forward to expanding our program to our wonderful parents. ¡Hasta Pronto! To register for Spanish classes, please sign up at www.SignUpGenius.com/go/409084CABA723A57-thursday
FUNDRUN, MAY 4:
It is time to get excited about Park Hill’s annual FundRun that will take place on May 4! As we prepare for this student lead event, we are looking for parent volunteers. Volunteer dates are April 6, April 20, April 27, and May 4. Please reach out to Sarah Foster if you are available for a few hours on any of those days. You can help us by preparing student packets, counting donations, running the fruit table, getting popsicles, and more. This is such a fun event, and we would love your help! Contact: email@example.com.
ELECTRONICS RECYCLING, APRIL 21:
Mark your calendar for our electronics recycling and paper-shredding event courtesy of Dee and Steve Ciancio. More information after Spring Break.
PLEASE REFER TO THE COMMUNITY BOARD (ACROSS THE HALL FROM THE SCHOOL OFFICE), TO GET THE MOST UP-TO-DATE INFORMATION REGARDING EVENTS IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD, CAMPS / ENRICHMENTS FOR STUDENTS, COMMUNITY MEETINGS, ETC.
- CampChamp: CampChamp (Owner / Founder is a Park Hill family) is a Denver based startup that makes finding and registering for summer camp easier for parents. CampChamp currently has over 8,600 camp sessions that you can search and filter based on the criteria that are important to you (e.g. age, date, location, activity). It is Expedia for summer camp!
- Wolfpack Rugby: Registration is open now at com
- AVID CELEBRATION DAY @ COLORADO RAPIDS vs ORLANDO CITY (See flyer below)
- Join the DPS district Accountability Committee. Apply by visiting HERE. The mission of the District Accountability Committee (DAC) is to assist in the improvement of Denver Public Schools by advising the Board of Education on the adequacy and cost effectiveness of educational programs and policies.
March 26 – 30: NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS – Spring Break
April 2: NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS – Planning / Assessment Day
April 3: STUDENTS RETURN TO SCHOOL
April 3: 9:15 am – 12:30 pm – 5th Grade (Mills and Cowen) to Water Treatment Plant
April 4: 9:15 am – 12:30 pm – 5th Grade (Shockley and Ash) to Water Treatment Plant
April 5: 6:30 pm – Spanish Class for Parents in the Library
April 9: ECE to Park Hill Library
April 10 – 12: CMAS / PARCC Math Testing for 3rd, 4th, and 5th Grade
April 12: 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm – PTSA Meeting in Library
April 13: Second Grade (Ms. Euser and Ms. Kline) to Denver Art Museum
April 17 – 19: CMAS / PARCC Social Studies / Science Testing for 4th and 5th
April 18: 9:15 am – 2:15 pm – Third Grade (Gates and Connelly) Walking Tour and Spaghetti Factory
April 18: 4th Grade Music Concert
April 19: Kindergarten (Ms. Neale) to Denver Art Museum
April 21: Electronics Recycling
April 27: April 13: Second Grade (Ms. Goodwin and Ms. Orth) to Denver Art Museum
April 27: Shakespeare Festival
April 30 – May 4: Enrichment Classes End This Week
May 1: 10:00 am – 1:15 pm – First Grade to Butterfly Pavilion
May 2: 9:00 am – 2:00 pm – Fifth Grade to Courtrooms to Classrooms
May 4: FundRun
Park Hill School Office Staff
Office Hours 7:30 am to 3:30 pm
Main School Phone and attendance line – 720-424-4910, or download the Park Hill Elementary mobile app. and report your absence there.
Apple App Store