Dear Park Hill Families,
In alignment with Denver Public Schools, Park Hill Elementary will be closed this Friday, April 27. Originally, this day was scheduled to be a half day in an effort to support the teachers and the state-wide rally for increased school funding. However, due to a concern district-wide regarding the number of available staff members, DPS has decided to close all schools for the day.
A few very important notes:
* School is officially closed on Friday, April 27. Unfortunately, this means we will not be serving breakfast or lunch.
* Discovery Link WILL have a program on Friday, April 27, for all registered Discovery Link students from 6:30 am – 6:00 pm. Please look for a communication from our DL team.
* The 5th grade Shakespeare Festival is ON. Please look for a note from Ms. Mills with additional details. Fifth graders who are participating in this event please be here on time. Ms. Mills and her team will follow the original plans. Buses will be provided both ways.
* Parents Night Out (PNO) is still ON for Friday night. Our PTSA is hosting this event, and has sent a separate email to all of our families.
* Fund Run Information: FUND RUN COLLECTION CHANGE! Hey there, Fund Runners! Due to the cancelling of school on Friday, envelopes with this week’s donations need to be turned in by THURSDAY APRIL 26! Prizes will be given and winning classes announced on Monday. Remember, you’re competing for Homework Passes this week! Your class still has a chance
to win the Pizza Party! Thanks for your hard work! We’re already 30% of our way to our goal. Keep going, Park Hill Panthers!
We know that this change in schedule causes a serious inconvenience to many of our students and families. Please accept my apology for these last minute changes. Thank you for your continued support and understanding of PHE as a whole.
Principal, Park Hill Elementary
5050 E. 19th Avenue
Denver, CO 80220